Today, the results of the 2011 statewide standardized tests, MCAS, were announced. You can see full results and search for scores among school districts across the state here. While there is still room for improvement, the good news is that scores increased at 16 of the 35 underperforming schools across Massachusetts.
Congratulations to the many City Connects schools in Boston and Springfield who saw improvements in the number of students scoring proficient or advanced–check out a Boston Globe graphic here.
For more information:
- Read the Boston Globe’s story, “Underperforming schools show gains in MCAS scores“
- Read the Springfield Republican‘s story, “MCAS scores improve in underperforming schools in Springfield, Holyoke“
- Visit the Mass. Department of Elementary and Secondary Education MCAS website, where you can read the Spring 2011 MCAS Tests: Summary of State Results
- See how City Connects students outperform their peers on MCAS tests on our results page
- UPDATE: Read a press release from BPS and a report about MCAS results specific to the BPS district